Annual Journal Statistics Requirements
From Dryad wiki
Requirements for Annual Journal Statistics report templates
The requirements of this project are to
- Create a system that generates statistics from Dryad.
- Generate sets of reports containing statistics (see below) annually for each journal
- Store the reports in a repository
- Distribute the reports to the journal
- Statistics used for the annual State-of-Dryad report are listed on Annual Statistics Reports.
- Dryad includes curation tasks that generate some of these statistics - Statistics Reporting Technology. The date ranges are hard-coded, and the reports include data from all journals.
Statistics to Collect
Current and cumulative stats for each journal
- Cumulative total number of data packages (from all yrs)
- Cumulative total number of files (from all yrs)
- Number of files currently under embargo
- Cumulative storage size (for published data from all yrs)
- For integrated journals, all the nontrivial questionnaire options that journal has selected, including their payment plan
- Number of submissions
- Number of data packages published
- Number of waivers issued
- Number of submissions deposited but not yet published, by month of submission
Yearly stats (also for each journal)
- Number of data packages
- 3 most popular data packages (by max downloads in past year)
- Number of page views of all data packages (in the past year)
- Number of downloads of data packages (in the past year)
- Total number of clicks on article DOIs, if possible
- The distribution of embargo lengths
- Number of helpdesk tickets associated with submissions to that journal
For each individual data package published in the past year (again, for each journal)
- The complete citation
- The date published
- The number and total size of files submitted
- The min and max embargo length of files in the package
- The number of pageviews since publication
- Max downloads among all data files since publication
Additional statistics wish list
- Min, max and median downloads per data package by journal
- Can be aggregated by the above stats
- Amount of traffic from the pages to the journal.
- Unless we can get this out of Google Analytics we don't have this data historically.