Data Display Widget Design History
Several journals have asked for a widget that can embed Dryad content into articles.
Requirements from Dryad journals:
- This widget should be callable using an article DOI, returning content in an iframe.
- The widget should show details for a single data file (not an entire data package).
- The widget should work as either a large-size display or a smaller-size that is appropriate for use in a sidebar. If the widget is smaller, it should be expandable to full size with a single click.
- The widget's color palette should be customizable.
Current prototype of the widget:
Curent design (full size)
Altnernate version with longer text:
Changes we still want to include in the smaller size version:
- Should display total number of files and types, but not necessarily display all the file names.
- Should include a way to open the larger widget as a page overlay, as well as a way to go to the Dryad page for the data package.
- If it displays actual file content, it needs a way to page between the available files.