Old:DryadUK project meeting 2011-01-18 notes

From Dryad wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Notes from DryadUK project meeting January 18th 2011

Status: This page is outdated and of historical use only.

This page describes work done by the DryadUK project from 2010 to 2011.


  • Brian will shift the fortnightly meeting to Wednesdays 9am Eastern, 2pm UK time, to avoid conflicts in the US, and email the mailing list with confirmation.
  • Recruitment:
    • Tanya Gray has been offered the technical role, and should start sometime around January 24th (tbc).
    • Brian to send her CV to Todd (done).
  • WP1 Mirror
    • The server is in the final stages of preparation, and should be ready by 19.01.
    • Brian to send access details to Ryan and Kevin as soon as ready (done)
    • Brian to check that PostgreSQL, Maven, Tomcat, Ant and Subversion are not a problem (done)
    • Ryan to create specs for the duplication process
  • WP2 Expanding journal range
    • OUP next steps
      • Apparently despite the initial very positive meeting with OUP, Lee-Ann’s subsequent meeting was less so. Elizabeth to meet with Lee-Ann and find out more detail. Elizabeth and Brian to then look at how to approach them regarding moving forward with selected journals at one of the levels.
  • WP4 Interoperability
    • Biomed Central next steps:
      • Brian to set up a meeting with BMC, to include a call with the US for any follow up questions etc. – aiming for next week.
      • We need to create example workflows for authors, BMC and Dryad. Ryan to supply an existing example.
      • If possible, the BMC modifications will be released early (i.e. late Feb / beginning of March). Todd/Ryan to discuss further and advise.
    • PLoS next steps
      • Elizabeth to contact PLoS with regard to moving forward and giving us some assistance with Editorial Manager (also possibly required for OUP).
  • WP7 Dissemination
    • Brian to propose dates and locations for the workshops, and circulate these for feeback within the next week.