Installation Checklist for Production Upgrade
From Dryad wiki
How to safely upgrade the production machine to a new version of the Dryad code. This is an expanded, and more thorough, version of Updating the Codebase.
Let the #dev channel know that you're about to redeploy.
Before taking tomcat down:
- Ensure you have tested the new code.
- Go to the Dryad control panel and see if anyone is in the process of submitting or curating.
- If they aren't, set a system-wide alert that the submissions will be closed for maintenance, and choose the option to "restrict authentication but maintain current sessions"
- If they are, either wait until they are gone, or set a system-wide alert with a time attached.
- On production server:
- Update Maven profile configurations if necessary.
- Check out a copy of the dryad-master branch and compile it:
sudo su - dryad redeploy-prep.sh
- Wait until users are done using Dryad, or until the timer on the system-wide alert expires.
- Force the failover system to route traffic to the secondary server: create the wiki page Do_The_Failover
- Wait for the system to failover to the secondary server.
- Deploy the updated code:
- Verify that deploy is complete and new features work as expected.
- Release the failover by deleting the page Do_The_Failover
Post-upgrade verification checklist:
ps auxwww | grep omcatto make sure that there is only one Tomcat process running.
- Journal-submit webapp: confirm that the webapp is still authorized by running http://www.datadryad.org/journal-submit/test and making sure that the test entries show up in