From Dryad wiki
Marratech is a videoconference system. NCEAS uses Marratech heavily, and we will use it for grants that include NCEAS.
- is possible to conect a phone line
- can also connect to polycom systems
- once connected to the conference, click "dial out", and instead of a phone number, enter the port and IP address of the polycom unit like this: port:ip-address
- NCEAS has licenses for an unlimited number of users in their "auditorium", and 10 users scattered across any number of other rooms. This makes scheduling flexible.
- NCEAS instruction page
- A headset or echo-cancelling microphone is required.
- It works best when set on push-to-talk, so audio traffic is minimized.
- It works best with high bandwidth.