Old:Minutes: DryadUK project meeting Mar 2nd

From Dryad wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Status: This page is outdated and of historical use only.

This page describes work done by the DryadUK project from 2010 to 2011.

Minutes:

  • Attendees:
    • Angus Whyte
    • Brian Hole
    • Max Wilkinson
    • Peggy Schaeffer
    • Ryan Scherle
    • Tanya Gray
    • Todd Vision
  • Apologies:
    • Lee-Ann Coleman
    • Elizabeth Newbold
    • David Shotton
  • WP1 Mirror
    • Progress update on setup:
      • Brian working on Subversion and Jetty installation – will get help from BL IT for Java setup issues
      • Ryan copying Dryad files and DB – transfer is slow but should be done by end of the week
      • Next steps are to get the submission system and DNS redirection working. Ryan should be able to work on this in the week of the 14th, though will not have much time to address any issues that may come up before the end of the month due to the main Dryad release.
      • Ryan to update the wiki with plans for testing replication.
      • Ryan and Brian to look into dates for him to visit London and Oxford after April – initial suggestion is around the time of Cameron Neylon’s workshop (May 9th).
  • WP2 Expanding journal range
    • BMJ Open, BioMed Central, PLoS Biology
      • Currently waiting for an update from BMC following their internal meeting last Friday. Brian to follow up.
      • PLoS: Theo Bloom is currently speaking to the other PLoS editors and production people, and will be getting back to us in the next week or so.
    • Other journals
      • Brian to find out what the status of talks with the British Ecological Society currently is, and feed back to Todd.
  • WP3 Sustainability
    • Journals survey
      • Brian has been working on this with Johanna and Elizabeth, and Neil Beagrie. A draft of the survey will be circulated to the DryadUK list in the next 2-3 days for comment.
    • April workshop planning update
      • The invites list for this is almost complete. Brian to contact David for last year’s invite list. Todd noted that last year there was some concern that not enough representatives of epidemiological journals were present.
  • WP5 Metadata standards
    • Update from David and Tanya:
      • Tanya is making good progress with the MIIDI standard, and with the new MIIDI web site (http://www.miidi.org/) and a prototype discussion mailing list.
      • David has completed revision and publication of the SPAR ontologies and their descriptions (http://purl.org/spar/), and is now revising the mapping of the DataCite Metadata Kernel v2.0 elements to RDF using SPAR and other appropriate ontologies in response to feedback from Joan Starr.
  • WP6 Assessment and evaluation
    • Update - Angus Whyte:
      • Angus is still looking for feedback on his framework document, ideally by the end of this week.
  • WP7 Dissemination
    • September workshop planning update:
      • The workshop has now shifted to Oxford on September 13th to allow for greater attendance. We will look at holding an internal meeting beforehand on the project deliverables, either in Oxford of Edinburgh.
      • Todd and Peggy noted that we need to talk to the UK journals about attendance at the Dryad summer meeting in Vancouver.
      • Todd will be presenting on Dryad at Harvard in May
      • Brian may be presenting on Dryad in Barcelona at the end of June
      • Brian to update the Dryad wiki with these events and the upcoming JISC UK ones.
  • Next DryadUK call: March 16th, same time.