From The Dryad data repository wiki
STATUS: This page is no longer being maintained and of historical interest only.
Planning space for Dryad presence at the Evolution 2010 conference.
Need to bring:
- (Ryan) power strip
- (Ryan/Peggy) one of our laptops will always be in the booth to drive the large display
- (Ryan) laptop for canned copy --- this will be a NESCent loaner (Mac)
- (Ryan) security cables for monitors/laptops
- (Peggy) Tons of magnets! (have-- in supply closet)
- (Peggy) Banner for the front of the table DONE
- (Peggy) brochures
- (Peggy) reprints of articles from Piwowar, etc. Reprints of the Bioscience piece (out in May)
- glossary sheet
- (Peggy) prospectus
- (Ryan shipped) 2 large monitors (23") for "datacrawl" and hands-on demo with the "canned" copy
- (Jory) bookmarks -- should arrive by May 20. Jory will send 1800 to the conference and keep the rest at NESCent. DONE
Preparation still to do
- laptop with a "canned" copy of Dryad for playing
- (Ryan/Kevin) create
- (Ryan/all) test
- (Ryan/Kevin) find canned data to show users how to submit.
- Shipping equipment is much cheaper than renting.
- For a hands-on demo, you need a big screen with a (non-laptop) keyboard and mouse.