Package Level Metadata Editing
From Dryad wiki
Dryad curators need to be able to edit metadata for a package and all associated files in a single interface.
Refer to Trello card #38.
- General information:
- Current handling of package-level metadata editing: Copy and paste metadata from package to files.
- Situations where this feature is useful:
- Submitters add titles to their names that have to be removed by curators.
- Submitters use a different name than the name they published with.
- Submitters may leave out their middle initial.
- It may not be clear to submitters where the metadata should go (ex. metadata in subject has to be moved to scientific name).
- For integrated journals, the system does not render information well and will include several entries (separated by a comma) in one metadata field.
- Formatting may be incorrect (ex. unnecessary capitalization).
- Possible places in the Dryad system to add this feature:
- Item Metadata page
- Suggestion(s) for a quick fix:
- Want to search for author name and get the files, not just the package. When searching, you only get the package and you have to open every file, one at a time. Can be a public search or just for curators. Very useful.