Search System Improvements
From Dryad wiki
Status: Completed by @mire.
The default DSpace search system does not meet the needs of Dryad.
- Search results should always show publication, with the related authors and datasets listed below the relevant publication.
- @mire notes that this will be much easier if each DSpace item contains correct metadata in the dc.type field, so datasets can easily be discriminated from publications.
- Publications should be searchable via DOI. This will ease linking from a dataset to its primary publication.
- Advanced search should contain fields relevant to Dryad searches.
- Publications should be searchable via OpenURL.
- What fields should be searchable in the advanced search page?