Widgets For Journals
Several journals have asked us to design widgets. These widgets will be used to embed Dryad content on a journal page. Different entities want different levels of detail, from a simple image with a link to a fully-functional snapshot of the data.
- Banner Image Widget API -- a simple image
- Data Display Widget -- will be a fully interactive iframe
- We won't include the package title or description, because these are too similar to the article title and abstract (which will already be displayed on the Elsevier page).
- When we display filenames, links should point to the data package pages, not to the data file pages.
Sample Dryad content
Examples of Dryad content that may appear in a widget.
'Typical' package with tabular data:
- http://datadryad.org/resource/doi:10.5061/dryad.87ht85rs (csv files and plain text readmes)
- http://datadryad.org/resource/doi:10.5061/dryad.1234 (formatted Excel file)
'Typical' package with nexus files, plain text sequence data, etc. http://datadryad.org/resource/doi:10.5061/dryad.m1h5c85d
Files include images:
- http://datadryad.org/resource/doi:10.5061/dryad.8705 (lots of lovely jpgs buried in a zip)
- http://datadryad.org/resource/doi:10.5061/dryad.121d03jc (two figures uploaded as tif files)
Many data files:
Long file descriptions: