From Dryad wiki
Revision as of 14:33, 14 March 2011 by Pschaeffer
Potential topics for the Dryad blog. Please put your name beside any topic to claim it.
Topics in progress:
Questions from librarians (in response to Jane's NISO webinar, August 2010):
- Can there more than one DOI for data package(s) for each article? Or is it envisioned that these will be one-to-one?
- Any statistics on the use of the deposited data in Dryad?
- What do you know about how the users of Dryad are searching for data sets?
- Are you looking at using something other than DSpace down the road; why was DSpace chosen?
- Any evidence that data sets in Dryad are indeed being reused?
- Will there be relationships developed between Dryad and other information organizations - such as Web of Science?
- Is access to Dryad data limited by journal subscription? and have you been tracking if other people are using the data in dryad?
- For how long is Dryad funded?
- On the slide showing the joint publication and DRYAD workflow, what happens to the data sets when the article is rejected for publication? Do the data sets go no further?
- What percentage of the total # of authors have donated their datasets. Is it significantly better than the average # of academic authors donating to Digital Repositories?
- You have good descriptive metadata, but you don't have browse by subject/keyword. Why don't you allow other browse facets?
- Could you elaborate on the degree of automation for email exchanges, DOIs, etc?
- HIVE overview, demo (in conjunction with Dublin Core workshop?)
- HIVE -- converting vocabularies into SKOS
- Personnel sketches
- Curation process
- Data reuse success stories-- seeking examples
- how scientific teams can use Dryad to deposit project data