Board of Directors Manual and Best Practices
This page contains information about the governance history and policies of Dryad. Most pages are available to the public. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to request access to a private page.
Table of Contents
- The Board of Directors
- Dryad Membership
- Basic Responsibilities of Nonprofit Boards
- Dryad Board Operations
- Board Member Qualifications
- Roles and Responsibilities of Board Members and the Board Chairperson
- Bringing Positive Energy into the Boardroom
Section III: Bylaws and Operating Rules
- Bylaws, as adopted by the Board of Directors, July 23, 2012.
- Proposed Changes to Bylaws - Adopted May 24, 2013
- Bylaws as Amended May 24, 2013
- How the Agenda for a BOD Meeting is Created
Section V. Staff and Organizational chart
Section VI: Policies Pertaining to the Board
- Conflicts of Interest and Code of Conduct
- Directors and Officers Insurance Policy Coverage
- Travel/Meeting Expense Reimbursements (Travel to Board meetings is eligible for reimbursement by Dryad)
- Diversity Policy (to be considered)
- Document retention polciy (coming)
- Others …
- Repository policies
- Annual Calendar
- Website http://datadryad.org
- Wiki http://wiki.datadryad.org/: open resource containing documentation, publicity material, technical release history, publication lists, presentations, etc.; only meeting notes and participant info are private.
- Trello https://trello.com/datadryad: system used to set development priorities; tasks are described and progress is documented; all Trello boards are publicly visible; anyone can comment on a Trello card or "vote" for that card to be completed sooner. Board members have their own Trello Board and are encouraged to add cards and comments. The "Board" Trello board is representaed at bi-weekly meetings by the Director, Laura Wendell, who can nominate cards to be promoted for development. Please feel free to email her suggestions for prioritization or new ideas.
- Dryad blog http://blog.datadryad.org/
- Conference calling information
- Google Drive folder: active Dryad Board documents are shared here, accessible only to Board members and Dryad staff.
- Mailing lists: see this wiki page for details about Dryad mailing lists for Board members, staff, users, and partners
- Key Legal Forms for Dryad
- Past Board Meetings, former Board Members
- Dryad Strategic Plan
- Business Plan and Sustainability
- Risk Mitigation