Status: CLOCKSS ended its agreement with Dryad on 10/28/2014.
Dryad's content will be replicated through the CLOCKSS network.
CLOCKSS will crawl the Dryad site and harvest publicly-viewable content. Data files will only be replicated in CLOCKSS once any embargo has expired.
Each quarter, Dryad publishs a set of manifest pages that list content newly available in Dryad.
There is a command line process that generates a manifest page. The manifest page will be a static page. It will contain links to all "new" data packages. A new data package is a package that meets at least one of the following conditions:
- The package was archived since the previous manifest page was generated.
- The package, or one of its constituent files, was modified since the previous manifest page was generated.
- At least one file in the package has come out of embargo status since the previous manifest page was generated.
- A new version of the package has become available since the previous manifest page was generated.
To generate a new manifest page:
A summary manifest page is available from http://datadryad.org/htmlmap. This page contains a link to each of the individual manifest pages previously generated.
Dryad pages respond to HTTP requests that use the if-modified-since header. A summary of the possible request types and responses:
- request for valid Dryad page, without if-modified-since header: 200 OK with page content
- request for non-existent Dryad page, without if-modified-since header: 404 Not Found with possible page content
- request for valid Dryad page, using if-modified-since header that has date earlier than page modification date: 200 OK with page content
- request for valid Dryad page, using if-modified-since header that has date later than page modification date: 304 Not Modified without page content
- request for non-existent Dryad page, using if-modified-since header (with any date): 404 Not Found with possible page content
To test the if-modified-since behavior, use a command like:
curl --silent --head --header 'If-Modified-Since: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 22:31:10 GMT' http://localhost:2222/resource/doi:10.5061/dryad.7d6k3
Relation to DSpace
Dryad has implemented the CLOCKSS manifest pages as a modification to DSpace's normal sitemap/htmlmap feature. The relevant classes are: