From Dryad wiki
Revision as of 20:36, 8 December 2006 by Hilmar (→[http://www.openrepositories.org/Open Repositories 2007])
- 1 Future Conferences
- 2 Past Conferences
See also the D-Lib listing of upcoming conferences
- January 23-26, 2007 in San Antonio, Texas
- Open Repositories 2007 will host Open User Group meetings for DSpace, Fedora, and Eprints, followed by general conference sessions that cover cross-cutting and overarching issues. This year, the user groups will partition their programs into Plenary, Technical Issues, and Management Issues, and the partitions will be staggered so that IT directors can attend all plenary sessions and technical staff can attend all technical sessions. The User Group meetings are open to all attendees.
- Submission deadline Nov 10th
- The general conference program will be organized around the following themes:
- Strategic context (social and technical) for repositories
- Value-added services to enhance particular repositories
- Achieving interoperability for repositories
- Repositories and IT infrastructure
- Open source software
- Digital preservation
- Use cases for repositories
- Modeling for digital objects and repositories
- Management and policy issues
- Spring 2007 (Phoenix, AZ -- April 16-17, 2007)
- Fall 2006 (Washington, DC -- December 4-5, 2006)*
NESCent digital data update and strategy session
- An informal get together that takes advantage of an unrelated visit by SSE president Don Waller
- A half-day affair tentatively scheduled for Dec 5th
- Kathleen, Todd and Hilmar from NESCent
- hopefully some folks from the MRC
- Don and Mark Rausher from SSE
- Michael Whitlock from Am Nat
- possibly one or two other journal or society reps
- is one coming up?
Ecological Society Data Sharing Workshops
- Organized by Cliff Duke
- The first one was held July 11-12, attended by HL and KKS. A draft report was disseminated Sep 6.
- The 2nd one, on Data Centers, Dec. 8-9 (Fri. - Sat.) at NCEAS in Santa Barbara, CA, who will attend?
- The 3rd and final one, on Obstacles to Data Sharing, will be held in '07 at NESCent
- October 13-15, 2006
- This workshop will provide a unique opportunity to share experiences, learn new techniques and influence the domain of scientific computing. It will explore the evolution, challenges and potential of computing in scientific research, including how the latest tools, web services and database technologies are being applied to scientific computing. By providing a forum for scientists and researchers to share their experience and expertise with the wider academic and research communities, this workshop aims to foster collaboration, facilitate the sharing of software components and techniques, and influence the development of Microsoft technologies for data-intensive scientific computing. Registration: $650 covers hotel (Thurs, Fri, Sat), airport shuttle to hotels and JHU campus, conference registration, meals, and DVD of all sessions
- Oct 26-27 2006, Philadelphia
- Organized by Susan Davidson at U Penn
- Hilmar attended and wrote a blog.
- September 26–27, 2006 in Arlington VA
- attended by TJV
- Draft report has been disseminated.
- Metadata Tools Working Group, organized by JG
- Read Jane's report.
Digital Curation Conference
- 1st annual, Bath UK, 29-30 September 2005