From Dryad wiki
Revision as of 22:19, 18 May 2009 by Jane (→[http://www.cic.uiuc.edu/programs/CenterForLibraryInitiatives/Archive/ConferencePresentation/Conference2008/home.shtml/ Librarians & e-Science: Focusing Towards 20/20])
- 1 Future Conferences
- 2 Past Conferences
- 3 =
- 3.1 Dublin Core 2007
- 3.2 Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL2007)
- 3.3 NSF/JISC Repositories Workshop
- 3.4 International Symposium on Digital Curation (DigCCurr 2007)
- 3.5 Open Repositories
- 3.6 NESCent digital data update and strategy session
- 3.7 Information Integration workshop
- 3.8 NSF Workshop: Role of Academic Libraries in the Digital Data Universe
- 3.9 Dublin Core, Mexico 2006
- 3.10 CODATA
- 3.11 Digital Curation Conference
- 3.12 Ecological Society Data Sharing Workshops
See also these lists of upcoming conferences:
- May 18-21, 2009 -- Open Repositories, Atlanta
- May 20, 2009 -- EPA System of Registries Conference (Conference Agenda)
- June 1, 2009 -- e-Biosphere, London (presentation schedule is full, open for exhibitors only)
- June 13-17, 2009 -- Evolution 2009, University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho
- July 24-26, 2009 -- International Conference on Biomedical Ontology, Buffalo
Need to find dates/locations:
- Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL)
- European Conference for Digital Libraries (ECDL)
- Dublin Core
- International Semantic Web Conference
- Digital Curation Conference
- April -- WWW, Raleigh
- May -- IASSIST
- Nov 7-9 -- SPARC digital repositories, Baltimore
- April 1-3, 2009 -- Digital Curation Curriculum Conference (DigCCurr), Chapel Hill, NC Dryad Slides; Panel description.
Librarians & e-Science: Focusing Towards 20/20=== CIC--Center for Library Initiatives conference, Purdue University, May 12-13
- Invitational workshop, held in Phoenix, AZ, Apr 17-19, 2007
- Position papers are on-line now
- Workshop report pending
- 2007 - Hilmar attended and took notes for a summary
- 2008 - Ryan attended, took notes and presented a poster
- A half-day workshop on Dec 5th, with Don Waller (SSE), Mark Rausher (Evolution), Michael Whitlock (Am Nat), Harold Heatwole (Integrative & Comparative Biology), and Marcy Uyenoyama (Molecular Biology & Evolution)
- Objective: Update stakeholders, and obtain feedback on requirements, priorities, and ways to obtain user-specific requirements
- Hilmar attended and wrote a blog.
- Draft reports from the four break-out groups and the workshop are available:
- September 26–27, 2006 in Arlington VA
- attended by TJV
- Draft report has been disseminated.
- Metadata Tools Working Group, organized by JG
- Read Jane's report.
Digital Curation Conference
- 1st annual, Bath UK, 29-30 September 2005
- Organized by Cliff Duke
- The first workshop, titled Data Registries, was held July 11-12, 2006, in Washington, DC, and was attended by HL and KKS. A draft report was disseminated Sep 6, and the final report is available, too.
- The 2nd one, titled Data Centers, took place Dec. 8-9, 2006, at NCEAS in Santa Barbara, CA, and was attended by Hilmar. Read the notes. The final report was made available on Feb 21, 2007.
- The 3rd and final one, on Obstacles to Data Sharing, was held May 30-31, 2007 at NESCent. The final report was made available July 23, 2007.