From Dryad wiki
Revision as of 13:02, 23 June 2009 by Jane (→[http://www.sla.org/content/Events/conference/ac2009/index.cfm Special Libraries Association(SLA) Annual Conference, Washington, D.C.])
- 1 Future Conferences
- 2 Past Conferences
- 2.1 Special Libraries Association(SLA) Annual Conference, Washington, D.C.
- 2.2 EPA System of Registries Conference May 20, 2009, Washington, D.C.
- 2.3 Open Repositories 2009
- 2.4 Digital Curation Curriculum Conference (DigCCurr)
- 2.5 Librarians & e-Science: Focusing Towards 20/20
- 2.6 Dublin Core 2007
- 2.7 Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL2007)
- 2.8 NSF/JISC Repositories Workshop
- 2.9 International Symposium on Digital Curation (DigCCurr 2007)
- 2.10 Open Repositories
- 2.11 NESCent digital data update and strategy session
- 2.12 Information Integration workshop
- 2.13 NSF Workshop: Role of Academic Libraries in the Digital Data Universe
- 2.14 Dublin Core, Mexico 2006
- 2.15 CODATA
- 2.16 Digital Curation Conference
- 2.17 Ecological Society Data Sharing Workshops
See also these lists of upcoming conferences:
- February 13 -- abstracts for DILS (conf is july 20-22)
- May 18-21, 2009 -- Open Repositories, Atlanta
- May 20, 2009 -- EPA System of Registries Conference (Conference Agenda)
- June 1, 2009 -- e-Biosphere, London (presentation schedule is full, open for exhibitors only)
- June 3-7, 2009 -- SMBE, Iowa City (Todd attending)
- June 13-17, 2009 -- Evolution 2009, University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho (Joel Kingsolver presenting 6/12)
- July 24-26, 2009 -- International Conference on Biomedical Ontology, Buffalo
- Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL): Austin, TX, June 15-19
- European Conference on Digital Libraries (ECDL): Corfu, Greece, Sept. 27-Oct. 2
- Dublin Core: Seoul, Korea, Oct. 12-16
- TDWG: Montpellier, France, Nov. 9-13
- International Semantic Web Conference: Washington DC, 25-29 October
- Digital Curation Conference: London, 2-4 December
- April -- WWW, Raleigh
- May -- IASSIST
- Nov 7-9 -- SPARC digital repositories, Baltimore
- Agenda: http://epadata.wik.is/index.php?title=System_of_Registries/EPA_System_of_Registries_Conference_May_20%2C_2009
- EPA SOR (System of Registries): http://iaspub.epa.gov/sor_internet/registry/sysofreg/home/overview/home.do (see tabs that links to useful sources for Vision & Planning, What is a Registry, Roles, etc.)
Open Repositories 2009
CIC--Center for Library Initiatives conference, Purdue University, May 12-13
- Invitational workshop, held in Phoenix, AZ, Apr 17-19, 2007
- Position papers are on-line now
- Workshop report pending
- 2007 - Hilmar attended and took notes for a summary
- 2008 - Ryan attended, took notes and presented a poster
- A half-day workshop on Dec 5th, with Don Waller (SSE), Mark Rausher (Evolution), Michael Whitlock (Am Nat), Harold Heatwole (Integrative & Comparative Biology), and Marcy Uyenoyama (Molecular Biology & Evolution)
- Objective: Update stakeholders, and obtain feedback on requirements, priorities, and ways to obtain user-specific requirements
- Hilmar attended and wrote a blog.
- Draft reports from the four break-out groups and the workshop are available:
- September 26–27, 2006 in Arlington VA
- attended by TJV
- Draft report has been disseminated.
- Metadata Tools Working Group, organized by JG
- Read Jane's report.
Digital Curation Conference
- 1st annual, Bath UK, 29-30 September 2005
- Organized by Cliff Duke
- The first workshop, titled Data Registries, was held July 11-12, 2006, in Washington, DC, and was attended by HL and KKS. A draft report was disseminated Sep 6, and the final report is available, too.
- The 2nd one, titled Data Centers, took place Dec. 8-9, 2006, at NCEAS in Santa Barbara, CA, and was attended by Hilmar. Read the notes. The final report was made available on Feb 21, 2007.
- The 3rd and final one, on Obstacles to Data Sharing, was held May 30-31, 2007 at NESCent. The final report was made available July 23, 2007.