The Dryad Board involves journals and organizations in governance of the repository.
In May 2012 members of the Dryad Interim Board approved the Bylaws of the organization, establishing it as a non-profit with a 12 member Board of Directors. The scientific, educational, and charitable mission of Dryad is to promote the availability of data underlying findings in the scientific literature for research and educational reuse. The vision of Dryad is a scholarly communication system in which learned societies, publishers, institutions of research and education, funding bodies and other stakeholders collaboratively sustain and promote the preservation and reuse of data underlying the scholarly literature.
From 2009 to early 2012, the Dryad Board operated under an Interim Governance Agreement. This agreement specified that the Dryad Board consists of one appointed representative from each Partner Journal, and each Partner Journal has one vote in matters brought to the board. The full board elected an executive committee of five journal representatives, including the project director, who serves ex officio. The executive committee was authorized to make most decisions on behalf of the full board, but issues regarding partner financial commitments and governance must be brought to the full board.
Interim Governance Agreement and Partnership Application
- Interim governance agreement - approved by the Dryad Consortium Board for 2010, and extended through 2011.
- 2011 Interim Partnership Application -- application form for all interim partners, issued May 2011
Representatives of partner journals
- John Allen (Biological Journal of the Linnean Society)
- Scott Baker (Journal of Heredity)
- Roger Butlin (Heredity)
- Daphne Fairbairn (Evolution)
- Harold Heatwole (Society for Integrative and Comparative Biology)
- Marcel Holyoak (Ecology Letters)*
- William Michener (Ecological Applications, Ecological Monographs, Ecology)*
- Allen Moore (Journal of Evolutionary Biology)*
- Mohamed Noor*
- Rod Page (Systematic Biology)
- Lyubomir Penev (Pensoft Publishers)
- Michelle Tseng (Evolutionary Applications)
- Marcy Uyenoyama (Molecular Biology and Evolution)
- Tim Vines (Molecular Ecology)
- John Wenburg (Journal of Fish and Wildlife Management)
- Michael Whitlock (The American Naturalist)*
- Derek Wildman (Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution)
Asterisks indicate members of the Dryad Board Executive Committee, 2010-2011.
Representatives of associate partner journals
- Erica Fleishman (Conservation Biology)
- April 2010, Durham, NC, USA