Editing the wiki
Please follow the Wiki Organization guidelines.
Start a new page
There are several ways, but the easiest is to type the new page in the URL and then edit that page. For example, if I wanted to create a page called IT under Help, I would change the URL to http://www.nescent.org/wiki/index.php/Help:IT in the browser address bar, for example. Then I would edit and save that page.
- Use single brackets, [http://somepage.com], to open in a new browser window.
- Use double brackets to link to wiki pages, [[Help:IT]], for example. Opens in the same browser window.
- See the respective article at MediaWiki
Changing the Sidebar
- See the MediaWiki FAQ for how to access the pseudo-page for the sidebar (also called navigation bar, only visible in the monobook skin). Basically, replace the page name part of the current url with MediaWiki:Sidebar, for example http://wiki.datadryad.org/MediaWiki:Sidebar for this wiki. Then click the Edit tab. You must have the sysop privilege to edit that page.
- MediaWiki has documentation on how to change and add links, or create multiple boxes.
How do I sign an entry
Put four tildes to have your username and timestamp appear, and three for just your username. If your editor window shows the formatting buttons on top, the second last inserts your signature as a double-dash, followed by username and timestamp (four tildes), like this. --Hlapp 00:06, 17 August 2006 (EDT)