Dryad meetings use a variety of technologies for remote participation. To determine the best technology for a meeting, follow the flowchart below.
- Adobe Connect has lousy sound quality, so we frequently use Skype/teleconference for the audio and Adobe Connect for screen sharing/video.
- Skype supports screen sharing, but it sometimes freezes, and may not work for a conversation with more than 2 people.
- iChat is better than Skype when video is used. However, it only works when all participants are using Macs.
- Google Hangouts are useful.
- http://Join.Me shows promis, but we haven't tested it yet.
David Shotton can only use phone or Skype.
The British Library has relatively strict controls (we need to investigate the exact nature of these).