From Dryad wiki
Revision as of 13:16, 11 September 2012 by Pschaeffer@nescent.org
Dryad meetings use a variety of technologies for remote participation. To determine the best technology for a meeting, follow the flowchart below.
- Adobe Connect has lousy sound quality, so we frequently use Skype/teleconference for the audio and Adobe Connect for screen sharing/video.
- Skype supports screen sharing, but it sometimes freezes, and may not work for a conversation with more than 2 people.
- iChat is better than Skype when video is used. However, it only works when all participants are using Macs.
- Google Hangouts are useful, all participants can see slides and converse. Everyone must have a Google+ account.
- http://Join.Me shows promis, but we haven't tested it yet.