Difference between revisions of "Meeting Technology"
From Dryad wiki
(New page: Dryad meetings use a variety of technologies for remote participation, including: * Adobe Connect * Skype * Teleconferencing * Marratech (for DataONE only) To determine the best tech...)
Revision as of 13:39, 11 February 2010
Dryad meetings use a variety of technologies for remote participation, including:
- Adobe Connect
- Marratech (for DataONE only)
To determine the best technology for a meeting, follow the flowchart below.
- Marratech is much better than Adobe Connect when meetings are highly interactive. However, Marratech has two major drawbacks:
- NESCent does not have a license for it -- so only use it when meetings include participants from NCEAS.
- Installation and initial configuration is error-prone and time-consuming -- so it should only be used for recurring meetings.
- iChat is better than Skype when video is used. However, it only works when all participants are using Macs.