Difference between revisions of "Meeting Technology"
From Dryad wiki
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
Revision as of 14:01, 22 March 2010
Dryad meetings use a variety of technologies for remote participation. To determine the best technology for a meeting, follow the flowchart below.
- The video Polycom device is useful for meetings when high-quality video is required for a small number of participants -- it should probably be included in the flowchart.
- Marratech is much better than Adobe Connect when more than 3 participants need to send video. However, Marratech has two major drawbacks:
- NESCent does not have a license for it -- so only use it when meetings include participants from NCEAS.
- First-time setup is error-prone and time-consuming -- so it should only be used for recurring meetings.
- iChat is better than Skype when video is used. However, it only works when all participants are using Macs.