From Dryad wiki
Revision as of 11:58, 19 October 2010 by Ryan Scherle
Morpho is a data-management tool created by NCEAS.
- Morpho thinks in terms of "data package" that are very similar to Dryad's data packages, but the components of the data package are assumed to be tabular data.
- Allows very detailed description of the columns in a tabular data file.
- Allows structured editing of the (highly detailed) EML metadata surrounding the data file.
- Morpho is optimized for collecting data in the present day. It doesn't model prehistoric timespans well.
- Morpho can submit data packages to the Knowledge Network for Biocomplexity, or revise data packages that are already stored there.