Old:Submission System Updates Phase 3
From Dryad wiki
Revision as of 09:10, 15 July 2011 by Ryan Scherle (Created page with "User Requirements: # Functional Requirements: # authors aren't allowed to select "publish immediately" option for the embargo # when curator approval is given, if article is no...")
- authors aren't allowed to select "publish immediately" option for the embargo
- when curator approval is given, if article is not yet published, the data package goes into an "approved" queue -- NOT into the main repository (because we would have too many distribution mechanisms to close up, and we might miss one)
- At this time, the DOI is registered, but no metadata is submitted to EZID, and the DOI resolves to a special page (all "approved" items resolve to the same page).
- The "approved" page says something like "At the request of the journal, this data package is hidden from view until the associated article is published."
- The "approved" page includes a comment form that lets people notify Dryad when the article is published.
- When the article is published:
- Dryad finds out via: a journal's eTOC, RSS feed, entry in PubMedCentral, or a user filling out the form above.
- curator adds final publication details (eventually will be automated, but initially manual)
- curator (or automated process) moves the data package into the main archive
- The DOI is updated to point to the published data package
- full metadata is sent to EZID
- best way to handle this in the interim?
- design for authors to make final edits to their data packages before it moves into the curator queue
- wording for the page the DOI links to
- wording for email that goes out upon article approval
- email that goes out when the article is published??
- implement the technical process
- flesh this page out to be a full "features" page