Current grant awards
- Dryad is supported in part by the U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF) through award DBI-0743720. Partners in the NSF award include the U.S. National Evolutionary Synthesis Center, the University of North Carolina Metadata Research Center, North Carolina State University's Digital Library Program, the LTER Network Office at the University of New Mexico, and TreeBASE at Yale University. Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed at this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the NSF.
- Support is also provided by the Institute for Museum and Library Services for a project called HIVE (Helping Interdisciplinary Vocabulary Engineering), based at the UNC Metadata Research Center. HIVE will enhance the discoverability of data in the repository.
- A one-year grant from the JISC Managing Research Data Program runs from 2010 to 2011. Partners in the JISC grant include the British Library, Oxford University, the Digital Curation Centre (DCC), and Charles Beagrie, Ltd.
- Incubation funds have also been provided by NESCent through a cooperative agreement with the NSF (DBI-0905606). NESCent is jointly managed by Duke University, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and North Carolina State University.
- "Dryad: sustainable and scalable infrastructure for the publication of data", submitted to the National Science Foundation.
- [Media:dryad_abi11_short.pdf|download proposal]]
The Dryad Consortium Board is developing long-term financial plans for the repository; a summary of the sustainability discussion at the December 2009 meeting of the Board can be found in the meeting report here.
Leadership and contributors
- Jane Greenberg, metadata management (<MRC>;/University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)
- Hilmar Lapp, technical management (NESCent)
- David M Shotton, PI, Dryad-UK (Oxford University)
- Todd Vision, project director (NESCent/University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)
- Tanya Gray, computing officer (Oxford University)
- Peter Midford, programmer (NESCent)
- Ryan Scherle, repository architect (NESCent)
Curation and Outreach
- Elena Feinstein, senior dryad curator (<MRC>/University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)
- Peggy Schaeffer, communications coordinator, (NESCent)
- Robert M. Losee (School of Information and Library Science/University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)
- Silvio Peroni
- Heather Piwowar
- José R. Pérez-Agüera (<MRC>;/University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)
- Hollie White (<MRC>;/University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)
- Max Wilkinson, Dataset Programme (British Library)
- Craig Willis (<MRC>;/University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)
- Amol Bapat
- Amy Bouck
- Sarah Carrier
- Kevin S. Clarke
- Jed Dube
- Rosie Kilgore
- Ruth Monnig
- Abbey Thompson
- Akio Sone