From Dryad wiki
- DSpace -- marketing your repository
- DSpace -- sample communications plan
- DSpace -- choosing early adopters
- DSpace -- what to expect from early adopters
- DSpace -- lessons learned
- RUBRIC publicity planning
PR Steps to Take
- Put together a press release with all relevant information
- This should be in very accessible language, and tell people "we're building something that will change the way science is done"
- Coordinate with Wanda Monroe, who handles PR for UNC SILS. Wanda may need a few sentences for a SILS item; she will cull these from the abstract on the NSF site.
- Dryad and HIVE press releases should mention each other.
- BioScience is willing to write an article about Dryad. We want to take advantage of this once we have something worth publicizing. (In Spring 2009)
- We will see whether we can get an entry in Science to appear around the same time as the BioScience article.
- Register with ROAR
- Start a Dryad blog.
- Announcements in other journals. (Wait until submission system ready?)
- NSF may run an article when we have some "results" to show, especially if we provide them with a ready-made podcast
PR Steps completed
- Put a news item on the Nescent home page. See http://www.nescent.org/informatics/initiatives.php
- Created website.
- Many Publications.
- Community survey.
- Registered Dryad with OpenDOAR