Difference between revisions of "Public reports"
From Dryad wiki
|Line 40:||Line 40:|
Revision as of 08:38, 26 January 2012
For collecting ideas regarding what repository-wide statistics to publicly report and where.
Dryad home page
- Total number of data packages and files from [once ORCID exists] total number of authors
- Total number of journals
- Most popular data packages (all time, last month, last day/week)
- Also needed on front page (but not really statistics): featured dataset (a popular recent download? a weekly curator pick?), featured journal (i.e. most recently integrated), featured DryadLab activity
A dedicated 'statistics' page (needs a better name!)
- number of data packages as a function of time (by year, and by month for recent six months)
- number of data packages per journal (for top journals - expandable to whole), with publisher indicated
- number of views per data file, max per data package (releases >1 yr old, 1-12 months old, <1 month old) - [note that this is complicated by views of embargoed items]
- number of downloads per data file, max per data package (releases >1 yr old, 1-12 months old, <1 month old)
- size (in bytes) distribution of data files
- size (in bytes and number of files) of data packages
- distribution of deposits by journal (for most popular journals, with links to longer list) (broken down be <1 month, 1-12 months, all-time)?
- format distribution of data files
- fraction of files made available [immediately|upon publication|embargoed]
- fraction of files that have been revised since publication
- fraction of data packages that have come in through non-integrated submission (past week, month, year)
- fraction of data packages with a different author list than the article
- some sort of representation of frequency of topics/keywords (wordcloud?)
- most popular searches?
Journal statistics page
- Cover image
- 1-sentence description of scope
- Member? (eventually, not now)
- Deposit fee plan (eventually, not now)
- Peer review available?
- whether metadata embargo is required (prior to pub)
- data embargo possible?
- total number of data packages
- total number of files (available and under embargo)
- list of most recent deposits
- total views and total downloads
- list of most popular downloads (by month, year, all-time)
- [could also use page for specialized search, e.g. by keyword within journal and/or by volume & page of article]
- ideas for naming these pages/displays: usage metrics, online usage, usage data, data publication impact measures/metrics, use counts, usage analysis, impact analysis, usage analytics, etc.
- an additional idea for the journal statistics page: I'd like to suggest a breakdown or bar chart of data files deposited by calendar year, so that it's easy to see how the number of deposits grows (esp. when a journal completes integration)
--Peggy SchaefferPeggy Schaeffer 10:38, 26 January 2012 (EST)