From Dryad wiki
Revision as of 12:01, 17 January 2012 by Tjvision (Created page with "Collecting ideas regarding what repository-wide statistics to publicly report and where. # Front page #* Total number of data packages and files from [once ORCID exists] total n...")
Collecting ideas regarding what repository-wide statistics to publicly report and where.
- Front page
- Total number of data packages and files from [once ORCID exists] total number of authors
- Total number of journals
- Most popular data packages (all time, last month, last day/week)
- Also needed on front page (but not really statistics): featured dataset (a popular recent download? a weekly curator pick?), featured journal (i.e. most recently integrated), featured DryadLab activity
- A dedicated 'statistics' page (needs a better name!)
- number of data packages as a function of time (by year, and by month for recent six months)
- number of data packages per journal (for top journals - expandable to whole), with publisher indicated
- number of views per data file, max per data package (releases >1 yr old, 1-12 months old, <1 month old) - [note that this is complicated by views of embargoed items]
- number of downloads per data file, max per data package (releases >1 yr old, 1-12 months old, <1 month old)
- size (in bytes) distribution of data files
- size (in bytes and number of files) of data packages
- distribution of deposits by journal (for most popular journals, with links to longer list) (broken down be <1 month, 1-12 months, all-time)?
- format distribution of data files
- fraction of files made available [immediately|upon publication|embargoed]
- fraction of files that have been revised since publication
- fraction of data packages that have come in through non-integrated submission (past week, month, year)
- fraction of data packages with a different author list than the article
- some sort of representation of frequency of topics/keywords (wordcloud?)
- most popular searches?
- Journal statistics page
- Cover image
- 1-sentence description of scope
- Member? (eventually, not now)
- Deposit fee plan (eventually, not now)
- Peer review available?
- metadata embargo required (prior to pub)?
- data embargo possible?
- Belongs somewhere but not sure where