From Dryad wiki
Revision as of 18:53, 30 June 2011 by Jane
- White, H. (2010) Considering Personal Organization: Metadata Practices of Scientists. Journal of Library Metadata, 10 (2/3). doi:10.1080/19386389.2010.506396
- Vision, T.J. (2010) Open Data and the Social Contract of Scientific Publishing. BioScience 60(5):330-330. doi:10.1525/bio.2010.60.5.2
- Greenberg, J., White, H., C, Carrier, C. and Scherle, R. (2009). A Metadata Best Practice for a Scientific Data Repository. Journal of Library Metadata, 9:3, 194—212. doi:10.1080/19386380903405090 NOTE: the published article is freely available via the DOI, it just take a several seconds to connect to the Francis and Taylor website. You should be able to download a PDF copy of this article, easily, once you get there. If you have problems, see this draft of the article.
- Greenberg, J. (2009). Theoretical Considerations of Lifecycle Modeling: An Analysis of the Dryad Repository Demonstrating Automatic Metadata Propagation, Inheritance, and Value System Adoption. Cataloging & Classification Quarterly(47, no.3): 380-402. doi:10.1080/01639370902737547. 2010 Jesse H. Shera Award for Distinguished Published Research (Draft PDF)
- Michener et al. (2011) DataONE: Data Observation Network for Earth — Preserving Data and Enabling Innovation in the Biological and Environmental Sciences, D-Lib Magazine 17(1/2), from a presentation at the DataCite Summer Meeting, Hanover, Germany, 7-8 June 2010
- Vision TJ. The Dryad Digital Repository: Published evolutionary data as part of the greater data ecosystem. iEvoBio, Portland OR, June 2010.
- Neil Beagrie, Lorraine Eakin-Richards and Todd Vision. Business Models and Cost Estimation: Dryad Repository Case Study, iPRES2010 Vienna, September 2010.
- José R. Pérez-Agüera, Javier Arroyo, Jane Greenberg, Joaquin Perez-Iglesias and Victor Fresno. Using BM25F for Semantic Search. Semantic Search Workshop at the 19th Int. World Wide Web Conference WWW2010 April 26, 2010, Raleigh, NC, USA.. 10.1145/1863879.1863881. SEMSEARCH '10 Best Paper Award (PDF)
- Greenberg, J. (2009). Theories of Evolution and Cultural Diffusion: The Dryad Repository Case Study for Understanding Changes in Organizing Information Practices. iSchool Conference, Chapel Hill, NC, February 9, 2009. (Paper in Word format)
- White, H. Carrier, S., Thompson, A., Greenberg, J., & Scherle, R. (2008) The Dryad Data Repository: A Singapore Framework Metadata Architecture in a DSpace Environment. In DC 2008, the 2008 International Conference on Dublin Core and Metadata Applications, Berlin. (PDF)
- Carrier, S., Dube, J., & Greenberg, J. (2007). The DRIADE Project: Phased Application Profile Development in Support of Open Science. In DC-2007: Application Profiles: Theory and Practice. International Conference on Dublin Core and Metadata Applications, Singapore, August 27-31, 2007, pp. 35-42. (PDF)
- Greenberg, J., Lapp, H., Scherle, R., Vision, T., White, H., Carrier, S., and Schaeffer, P. 2009. The Dryad Repository: Designing a Curation Workflow. 5th International Digital Curation Conference, London, UK. December 2009. (Abstract, and Poster)
- Scherle, R., Bapat, A., Carrier, S., Greenberg, J., Lapp, H., Schaeffer, P., Vision, T., & White, H. (2009) Dryad: a digital repository of data from publications in evolutionary biology and ecology. In Evolution 2009, Moscow, Idaho. (Poster PPT)
- Scherle, R., Lapp, H., Bapat, A., Carrier, S., Greenberg, J., Schaeffer, P., Vision, T., & White, H. (2009) The Dryad Data Repository. In the 2009 The International Conference on Biodiversity Informatics, London. (Abstract, Poster PPT, Poster PDF)
- White, H. (2008) Exploring Evolutionary Biologists' Use and Perceptions of Semantic Metadata for Data Curation. In DC 2008, the 2008 International Conference on Dublin Core and Metadata Applications, Berlin. (Abstract, Poster)
- Scherle, R., Carrier, S., Greenberg, J., Lapp, H., Thompson, A., Vision, T., & White, H. (2008) Building Support for a Discipline-Based Data Repository. In Proceedings of the 2008 International Conference on Open Repositories. (Extended Abstract, Poster PDF, Poster PPT)
- Dube, J., Carrier, S., & Greenberg, J. (2007) DRIADE: A Data Repository for Evolutionary Biology. In Proceedings of the 2007 Joint Conference on Digital Libraries. p.481, ACM Press, Vancouver, BC, Canada. (Abstract, Poster PPT)
- Carrier, S., Dube, J. Greenberg, J., Lapp, H., Thompson, H., Vision, T., & White, H. (2007) The Dryad Repository: Transforming Scientific Publishing and Data Discovery Via the Convergence of Open Access and eScience. The 2007 Microsoft eScience Workshop at RENCI, Chapel Hill, USA, 21-23 Oct 2007. (Abstract, Poster)
- José R. Pérez-Agüera, Javier Arroyo, Jane Greenberg, Joaquin Perez-Iglesias and Victor Fresno. INEX+DBPEDIA: A corpus for Semantic Search Evaluation. at the 19th Int. World Wide Web Conference WWW2010 April 26, 2010, Raleigh, NC, USA.
- Greenberg J. slides ALA Annaul Conference, June 24-27, 2011
- Greenberg J. slides NASKO, Toronto, June 16-17, 2011
- Piwowar H, iDASH seminar, UC San Diego, June 17th
- Greenberg J, "Metadata Research: Evolution of a Discipline", Drexel University iSchool, May 9, 2011, abstract
- Greenberg J and Vision T, "The Dryad Repository: A New Path for Data Publication in Scholarly Communication", OCLC, April 25, 2011, recorded presentation
- Vision T. Introduction to DryadUK sustainability workshop. April 1 2011, The British Library, London UK. slides
- Clarke, K. Sharing Between Data Repositories. Code4Lib 2011 Conference, Feb. 2011. Bloomington, IN. (slides, video -- go to 153 min)
- Shotton, D., Peroni, S. Semantic annotation of publication entities using the SPAR (Semantic Publishing and Referencing) Ontologies. Beyond the PDF Workshop, Jan. 2011, La Jolla, CA. (slides)
- Vision, T., Scherle, R. The Dryad Digital Data Repository: Coupling the Publication of Scientific Articles and Data. International Digital Curation Conference, December 2010, Chicago, IL. (PDF abstract)
- Greenberg, J, Data Curation Research Summit: Panel on Current Directions in Research: Projects and Perspectives, December 2010, Chicago, IL (slides)
- Greenberg, J, Willis, C., and White, H. Metadata for Scientific Data: An Analysis Targeting Challenges and Opportunity in Our Global Information Ecology, CODATA, Cape Town, South Africa, October, 2010, (slides)
- Vison, T., Lapp, H. The Dryad Digital Repository: published data as part of the greater data ecosystem. ISMB 2010, Boston MA, July 2010. (PDF)
- Whitlock, M. Data Archiving in Evolutionary Biology. Evolution 2010, Portland, OR. (PPT)
- Neil Beagrie, Dryad and the sustainability of digital repositories (no abstract available), Fourth Bloomsbury Conference on e-publishing, London UK, June 2010.
- Michener, W., Kunze, J., Cruse, P., and Scherle, R. The Dryad and DataONE project in the US. DataCite Summer Meeting, Hanover Germany, May 2010. (PPT, Video of Presentation)
- Scherle, R. and Aguera, J. HIVE: A New Tool for Working With Vocabularies. Code4Lib conference, Asheville, NC, February 2010. (PPT)
- Scherle, R. (2009). The Dryad Data Repository. Duke Repository Community, July 2009. (PPT)
- Scherle, R. (2009). Using DSpace as a Disciplinary Data Repository. International Conference on Open Repositories 2009, Atlanta, GA. (Presentation files and a video of the presentation are available at http://hdl.handle.net/1853/28409).
- Greenberg, J. (2009). Metadata Research Supporting the Dryad Data Repository. Metadata Working Group Forum. Cornell University Library (Abstract,PDF Slides)
- Vision, Todd J. (2009). Scientific Publications, Scientific Data, and the Role of Domain-specific Digital Libraries. UNC Scholarly Communications Working Group. (PDF Slides)
- Greenberg, J., Carrier, S., White, H., and Scherle, R. (2009). The Dryad Repository Application Profile: Groundwork Towards a Metadata Scheme for Scientific Data. DigCCurr2009, Chapel Hill, NC, April 2, 2009. (PPT)
- Greenberg, J. (2009). Theories of Evolution and Cultural Diffusion: The Dryad Repository Case Study for Understanding Changes in Organizing Information Practices. iSchool Conference, Chapel Hill, NC, February 9, 2009. (PPT)
- Greenberg, J. (2008). The DRYAD Repository: Metadata Research and Development. Library of Congress, December 19, 2008. (PDF Slides)
- Greenberg, J. (2007). Classifying Scientific Data Objects with Bibliographic Relationship Taxonomies. ASIS&T 2007 Annual Meeting, Oct 2007. (PPT)
- Greenberg, J. (2007). Consensus Building and Prioritizing Consensus Building and Prioritizing <Metadata> Development for Project DRIADE: A Case Study. DigCCurr 2007, Chapel Hill, NC, April 18, 2007. (PDF Slides)
- Dryad-UK project: for greater international expansion of Dryad. PI: David Shotton. JISC. Funded for 1 year, starting 2010-10-1. (Dryad-UK project proposal)
- DataONE project: for cross-respository collaboration. PI: William Michener. NSF DataNet DBI-0753138. Funded for 5 years, starting 2009-8-1. (DataONE web site)
- HIVE project: for enhanced controlled vocabulary features. PI: Jane Greenberg. IMLS LG-07-08-120-08. Funded for 2.5 years, starting 2009-1-1. (HIVE project proposal)
- Dryad development project for general Dryad phase 2 development. PI: Kathleen Smith, Todd Vision. NSF DBI-0743720. Funded for 4 years, starting 2008-9-15.(Dryad project proposal)
- Virtual Data Center project: for cross-repository collaboration. PI: William Michener. NSF INTEROP DBI-0753138. Funded for 4 years, starting 2008-7-15. (VDC project abstract)
- Beagrie, N. et al. (April 2010). Dryad Sustainability Plan: interview survey findings. Report on journal practices and costs for supplementary materials, esp. data.
- Greenberg, J. (2009, in press). Metadata and Digital Information. In Marcia J. Bates, Mary Niles Maack, Miriam Drake eds. Encyclopedia of Library and Information Science, New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc. (PDF)
- Carrier, S. (2008). The Dryad Repository Application Profile: Process, Development, and Refinement (Master’s Paper, UNC Chapel Hill, 2008). DOI: http://hdl.handle.net/1901/534.
- Vision, T., Lapp, H., and Greenberg, J. (2007). Final Report from the Dryad Stakeholder's Workshop.