Staff Offboarding Checklist
From Dryad wiki
Revision as of 09:06, 20 December 2018 by Ryan Scherle
This is a very preliminary list of tasks to be completed when a staff member leaves Dryad.
- Have the staff member create a list all activities that they have been performing. Determine how these activities will be handled when the staff member is gone.
- Hand off responsibility for editing/managing documentation.
- Conduct an exit interview.
- Collect keys.
- In their Dryad accounts (both production and dev/staging), remove membership to privileged groups: Curators, Administrators, etc.
- Redirect email accounts:
- Reset the account password
- Log into the user's email and set a forwarding address
- If the user receives a lot of email, do not suspend the account, because it won't forward email.
- Once an account has been out of use for a year, or if it was not a heavy email user, suspend the account.
- Do not delete the account. If you delete a user, you also delete that user's Vault archive.
- In the Google Admin tools, go to Apps, Google Drive and transfer document ownership for all documents.
- Remove them from the Our Team page on the Dryad site.
- Move them them to the alumni in the Participants and WG:Participants.
- Disable account in FogBugz.
- In Trello, remove them from the Dryad organization and any boards.
- In Slack, mark their account as "disabled".
See also: Staff Onboarding Checklist