Difference between revisions of "Staff Onboarding Checklist"
|Line 39:||Line 39:|
* [[Using Git]]
* [[Using Git]]
Revision as of 09:17, 16 September 2014
A sample checklist for onboarding new staff. Each staff member will have different needs, but these are some of the most common.
Items that need to be updated on this checklist:
- add links to grant proposals, historical documents
- add system architecture diagrams.
- Include the "onboarding tasks" for developers from the July 2014 Developer Retreat notes.
Accounts that the staff member must create:
- Create an account to receive Dryad-specific email (often XXXX.firstname.lastname@example.org) -- Note that this step is not required if the staff member will not be regularly contacting Dryad customers or partners (e.g., a student intern)
- Email email@example.com to request an @datadryad.org email address that forwards to your preferred email.
- access to wiki - staff self-creates an account, then asks firstname.lastname@example.org for privileged access
- Google Dryad Dev list email@example.com - sign yourself up
- Accounts in Dryad production and development servers -- create the accounts, and ask firstname.lastname@example.org for privileges
- Dryad Announce list -- sign up yourself (from Dryad homepage)
- IM/call technologies -- connect with relevant staff members via IM and other communication technologies
Accounts/access created by Dryad administrators:
- Dryad Dropbox folder
- Dryad private team list
- Trello -- may use a pre-existing Trello account, or a new account based on the @datadryad.org email
- Dryad Users list
- keys and ID cards needed for physical access to Dryad space
- update mail aliases as required
- update Website staff list
The staff member should become familiar with:
- The other Dryad staff
- Strategic plan, development roadmap & NSF grant project description
- Architecture Overview
- Submission System Workflow
- Curation Practices
- Emergency Contact Procedures
- Using Trello
If the staff member will be performing development, they should be trained on:
See also: Staff Offboarding Checklist