Old:Standard Server Configuration
We create scripts and symlinks wherever possible to keep all machines using the directories/commands listed here, regardless of differences in the underlying OS. This makes system maintenance much easier, and allows our scripts to work correctly on any standard Dryad system.
- All content is owned by, and processes run by, the primary login account for the machine. This is either 'dryad' or 'ubuntu'.
- All major directories are symlinked from the primary login's home directory, for easy access
- The handle server should only run on production, because we don't want multiple copies registered with the root handle server.
- code is built to /opt/dryad
- dspace logs: /opt/dryad/log
- To restart Tomcat: (Dryad home)/bin/tomcat-restart.sh
- Tomcat configuration: (Dryad home)/tomcat/conf
- Tomcat logs: (Dryad home)/tomcat/logs
- Tomcat webapps: (Dryad home)/tomcat/webapps
- To restart Apache: (Dryad home)/bin/apache-restart.sh
- Apache configuration: (Dryad home)/apache/conf
- Apache logs: (Dryad home)/apache/logs
- Apache static pages: (Dryad home)/apache/htdocs
- Run the postgres client with the "standard" dryad user and database: postgres-client.sh
- (Dryad home)/maven/conf/settings.xml