Standard Server Configuration
From Dryad wiki
Revision as of 11:09, 27 September 2011 by Ryan Scherle (Created page with " We create scripts and symlinks wherever possible to keep all machines using the directories/commands listed here, regardless of differences in the underlying OS. This makes sy...")
We create scripts and symlinks wherever possible to keep all machines using the directories/commands listed here, regardless of differences in the underlying OS. This makes system maintenance much easier, and allows our scripts to work correctly on any standard Dryad system.
- All content is owned by the dryad user.
- DSpace/Tomcat runs as the dryad user.
- All major directories are symlinked from the Dryad home directory, for easy access
- The handle server should only run on production, because we don't want multiple copies registered with the root handle server.
- Handle prefix: 10255
- DOI prefix: 10.5061
- code is built to /opt/dryad (or an instance-specific directory, like dryad-demo)
- dspace logs: /opt/dryad/log
- To restart Tomcat: (Dryad home)/bin/tomcat-restart.sh
- Tomcat configuration: (Dryad home)/tomcat/conf
- Tomcat logs: (Dryad home)/tomcat/logs
- Tomcat webapps: (Dryad home)/tomcat/webapps
- Run the postgres client with the "standard" dryad user and database: postgres-client.sh
- installed at /hudson on the primary machine name (not https://karya.nescent.org/hudson
- (Dryad home)/maven/conf/settings.xml