Submission Integration: Overview
From Dryad wiki
Revision as of 09:19, 29 April 2009 by Ryan Scherle (New page: Rough timeline for partner journals to integrate their manuscript processing systems with Dryad submissions. * Initial discussion of technical issues. ** How integration works with existi...)
Rough timeline for partner journals to integrate their manuscript processing systems with Dryad submissions.
- Initial discussion of technical issues.
- How integration works with existing journals.
- Best point in the process for new journal to submit metadata.
- Format and content of metadata.
- How to enable links to Dryad from publication pages.
- Journal enables initial metadata transfer.
- Dryad enables metadata import for authors.
- Journal representatives test import system, present concerns.
- Dryad updates import based on concerns.
- Dryad and/or journal representatives ask a few authors to test the system.
- Any issues uncovered in author testing are resolved.
- Journal representatives approve import system and add Dryad submission URLs to acceptance letters.
- Dryad provides journal with list of all existing handles for the journal's articles in Dryad.
- Dryad begins to send handles to journal as new datasets are deposited.
- Journal begins to display Dryad links on article pages.
- Dryad and journal agree on any extra workflow needed to ensure eventual enforcement of deposit requirements.
- When the Dryad management board enforces data deposit, journal applies appropriate policies to verify that deposits are received.