1. Mockup of Login-Register Page
The page users get to when the are clicking on a URL sent to them from the journal-submit webapp; currently people are clicking on the link and not getting a clear sense of what they need to do next.
- It's very clear about what the user's options are. My only question/quibble concerns the phrase "importing data from...." We have used depositing and uploading to describe how an author puts data in to Dryad; so I wonder if importing data might be close enough to be confusing. I'm afraid authors might think we mean something about their research data, rather than article metadata. Can we avoid all this by calling it Manuscript Details or something like that? --Peggy Schaeffer 15:17, 25 October 2010 (EDT)
- I agree with Peggy that folks are likely to think the data we are importing is their research data. "Manuscript details" could be good. I think the message across the top with registration and login options given below is great. --Elenafeinstein 16:27, 25 October 2010 (EDT)
- I agree with the wording changes suggested above. One more: instead of "I do not have an account...", say "I do not have a Dryad account..." (and likewise for "I have an account") --Ryan Scherle 14:09, 26 October 2010 (EDT)
- All the proposed changes sound good to me as well. --Kevin Clarke 17:01, 26 October 2010
- We should also include a "Forgot your password?" link from the right panel. --Tjvision 21:12, 26 October 2010 (EDT)